Windows is unable to install to the selected location.  Error: 0x80300001.
I jsut had a new computer built that originally had an ASUS mb but that has now been replaced with a GigaByte one. The problem I am having is that when I get to the point where I am supposed to select what disk I want windows installed on (this happens with both W2K8R2 and Win 7), I load the driver for the RAID array (initially, no disks are listed) and it lists the disks available. Unfortunately, no matter which disk I select, it replies with the above error message. The machine has an AMD 1090T CPU and 6 Hitachi 2T SATS drives. I checked the drives and they all have 512 Byte sectors. The odd thing is that twice now the same thing has happened: the builder has loaded W2K8R2 and then either he or I blew the install away and started over. On the second attempt to load the OS, I am stumped with this error. Can someone tell me what this error means and what I can do to fix it? I am getting very frustrated. Thanks Bert
September 7th, 2011 8:58pm

Oh, and yes, I have reviewed every thread I could find on the same subject but no luck. Bert
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2011 9:18pm

Thanks, Arthur, I just discovered this little piece of information this morning and my installation is proceeding. I have to admit that I was not impressed. Why does the install utility not warn people that you must reinsert the OS disk before continuing? Why do you advise against using a USB memory stick? That is what the system builder uses for all of his builds. Bert
September 8th, 2011 7:04pm

Hi, I am glad to hear that the installation was proceeding. This is a good question, I will send you feedback to our Feedback department through our internal channel. They are aware of this issue and will evaluate the feasibility. While we cannot guarantee that these features will be added, we would like to ensure you that we will make every effort to see that they do. Regards, Arthur LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 16th, 2011 7:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics